Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - January 16


Time to finish the Primitive Gatherings Block of the Week from last summer!  The blocks are put together, and I'm busy stitching the cornerstones.  I decided to use a purple border rather than the piano key border the store used.  I cut all my piano keys and made the borders, but my fabrics were just too busy for this quilt, so I decided to go with simple borders.  Now I need to find a use for all those piano key borders I made!  Anyone have any ideas for me?

These were being worked on during the Packer games lately.  I thought I'd have a couple more weeks to work on these, but I guess not, after that game yesterday!  There were a lot of unhappy cheesehead fans at work today.


I'm still plugging along with my Orca Bay blocks.  The Ohio Stars are done, so I'm ready to start putting together the center of the quilt.  It's going to be one busy quilt!


I had a couple finishes this week - the Primitive Gatherings free Christmas kit for pincushions.  I ended up with two of these kits, so made one for me and one for my secret pal.   I couldn't decide whether to put 2011 or 2012 on them, so did one each way!  Do you date them when you start them or finish them?  They are filled with crushed walnut shells - I really like the way they sit on a shelf with the shells in them.

We finally got about 4" of snow last week, so it's winter here.  It's really late for us, but that's fine with me.  I'm ready for spring already, although the cold weather is good for staying inside and working on my projects!











No comments:

Post a Comment