Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!


New Year's Resolution #1:  Blog at least once a month!  I definitely get the Bad Blogger Award this month.  I just realized I haven't blogged since Halloween.  Guess I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas entirely.  We did all the correct activities - I just didn't plan ahead enough to take pictures and blog about it.   I think we'll just start with some New Year's Plans!

My first plan is to participate in Patchwork Times' 2012 UFO Challenge.  The list of 12 UFOs is listed in my sidebar.  I'm really looking forward to Judy's challenge, and am working diligently on Item #5 for January.  It's a wool project and not quilting, so I hope that's not cheating!


I also joined the Orca Bay bandwagon (a little late).  Progress is being made, but it won't be done anytime soon.  There is a lot of piecing in this one!  This is the first time I've done one of Quiltville's mysteries, and it's been fun, but there just aren't enough hours in a day for everything.  I had never done string piecing before, so that was fun to learn.  This whole quilt is being made from stash fabrics, and it doesn't appear to have made a dent, so maybe a few more scrap quilts would be in order for 2012! 


This bunny table mat is finally finished!  Maybe I should say it's for THIS Easter and it's already finished.  The picture at the top of the post is my December banner from Primitive Gathering's Banner of the Month.  My goal is to get each month's banner done before I get the next one - we'll see how that goes!

We've had great weather this winter - warmer than normal and no snow.  Lots of Wisconsinites complain about the lack of snow, but I've really been enjoying it.  It would be OK to get one big snowfall so we could all ski and snowshoe, but I'm really fine with no snow, too! 

Time to get back to working on UFO #5!

No comments:

Post a Comment