Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hands2Help

H2H 2013 logo

Have you heard of Hands2Help?  It's a charity project coordinated by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  She has chosen two awesome charities this year - Happy Chemo and Quilts Beyond Borders.  With Hands2Help, you sign up now, make your quilt, and send it off to the charity by June 2.  Easy, peasy and a great way to help others.  Sarah has linky parties, tutorials for easy quilts and even prizes a couple times during the spring to keep us all on track!  The signup is going on this week here.   You can sign up after this week, but Sarah is offering a prize to someone who signs up now.

This is the third year I've participated, and I plan to make a quilt for each charity.  I'm happy to announce that one is already done:
This is Times Three, and it was one of my March UFOs, and it is done, quilted and bound and ready to go!  This is a fun quilt for a little boy - it even has Pokemon in it
Is Pokemon still popular?  He sure was when my kids were little, but that's been awhile now!  Probably time I use up this fabric.  This quilt is going to Happy Chemo.

For Quilts Beyond Borders, I'm making this quilt


This was a fun panel, and I added a row of blocks on the top and bottom to make it the right size.  It's going to be really cute once it's quilted.  This quilt is going onto my April UFO list, so I can get the quilting and binding done.

So, if you have time to make a charity quilt, this is a great chance to do it and a great group of people to do it with!  Signups are going on here.






No comments:

Post a Comment